Ultra-sensitive hi-end lightweight magnetometer for UAV
MagArrow is fully self-contained sensor (with build-in GPS receiver, data recorder and battery), and may be used with any suitable UAV suitable to carry 1kg.
To minimise noises from drone’s motors and electronics, it is recommended to use 3m long suspension ropes to mount MagArrow under the drone. For such configuration it is recommended to use larger drones as DJI M600 Pro or similar, with smaller drones (DJI M300 RTK, etc.) we recommend to use extention poles for the drone’s legs.
Alternative way is to mount MagArrow right on the legs of drone and use low-pass filter during data post-processing to remove drone’s noises. That approach works pretty well for the surveys like UXO search, but for work requires to register weak or long anomalies (archaeology, geology, etc.) it is better to use suspension ropes.
- Environmental (abandoned wells, pipes, and storage tanks)
Geology – survey for variations in the magnetic field
Archaeology – detect weak anomalies from archaeological features and artefacts
Searching for UXO (UneXploded Ordnance)
Note, that general rule with magnetometer when it is necessary to detect artificial objects or artefacts – fly as alow as possible. Recommended altitude for the tasks like UXO search – 1m above surface or even lower. That means that drone should be equipped with terrain following system (included in recommended magnetometer bundle).
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Lightweight: Weighs only 1 kg, allowing a flight time 20% longer than a 2.5 kg-payload UAV.
- UAS Agnostic: Attachable to most enterprise UASs
- Self-Contained: GPS, storage, and WiFi on board. No data connections to UAV needed.
- Super-Fast Sampling Rate: Fly faster, up to 10 m/s with samples every 1 cm. Filter out UAV motor noise.
- QC in the Field: View and QC data in the field using any device with a web browser app interface.
- Low Power: A single 1800 mAh lithium polymer battery will power the system for 2 hours, outlasting multiple UAV flights. Batteries are hot-swappable.